I am whom?

My photo
Brighouse, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog! I am a Solo Keyboardist and Freelance Designer and a graduate of Transport Design from Staffordshire University, UK. I undertake various projects and activities including Offroading, Photography, and my ongoing restoration of my 1966 Austin Mini! I am also working on the design and manufacture of a custom Keytar called the Syblade. I'm on Youtube, Twitter, Coroflot, Myspace, Facebook, Reverbnation, Soundcloud and am the first result on google if you type "Jonny Stone"! I will be writing about all these activities and more in this blog. The titles are simply memorable (and largely irrelivant) quotes from friends, family or myself! I hope you enjoy my work!

Tuesday 18 October 2011

45. "Ooooo its Friday the 13th except on a Thursday"

Thankyou again Marvin for another insightful comment.

Time for some Mini pictures!


 Door frame is now complete (ish). It'll need a bit more welding and a skim of filler before its done.


 On to the driver side floor. Definitely becoming a little more ruthless in what I cut out.


 I say ruthless... there wasn't really anything there to save!


 Thats the floor nearly removed along with all the cack-handed bodge jobs on the sill and inner wings.


 Thats Patch. One of the only... erm, things that I will allow to distract me at any time when im working on my car! Watching him climb in an out of a car that spins round when you climb in is quite amusing :P


 Patch leaves, Floor panels are in... I then got bored and moved onto another section...


 ...only to find that was bodged too. Great.


 Thats the driver side rear all welded and rust-proofed. The hole at the back is where the subframe panel will be mounted, but I need the subframe fitted to line it up properly! Thats a final job that.


 I went a bit mental with the welder here coz the metal is thicker... Couldn't resist!


After years of working on it, Mike has lost his first external body panel : (
I even video'd the event!


 My god I sound so upset . . .


I still dont understand why it ever seemed a good idea to bodge something that much...

Offroading videos and halloween costume pictures to come next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment