I am whom?

My photo
Brighouse, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog! I am a Solo Keyboardist and Freelance Designer and a graduate of Transport Design from Staffordshire University, UK. I undertake various projects and activities including Offroading, Photography, and my ongoing restoration of my 1966 Austin Mini! I am also working on the design and manufacture of a custom Keytar called the Syblade. I'm on Youtube, Twitter, Coroflot, Myspace, Facebook, Reverbnation, Soundcloud and am the first result on google if you type "Jonny Stone"! I will be writing about all these activities and more in this blog. The titles are simply memorable (and largely irrelivant) quotes from friends, family or myself! I hope you enjoy my work!

Monday 5 December 2011

47. "Five is a Fifteen letter word" - Mini Monday

I've always considered my brothers as quite smart, but tonight my assumption wasn't entirely accurate . . .

As promised, Mini Mondays have commenced! Although come to think of it, it'll probably be at least Tuesday by the time you read this.
Oh well!

So this is how the project is progressing. I took some time off to get my head together with other things about a month back, also to decide whether to replace or rebuild the front left section. I chose rebuild!
The rest is pretty self explanatory!


I was surprised at how much metal had corroded here...


First repair section in place.


Second panel cut and put in place too.


This was quite a bit later, after adding red-oxide paint in and around the ready to repair section and in the previously welded floor area. Next I fitted the inner and outer A-panels...


...along with the door! First time it's looked vaguely car like in a long while! : )


To say it was the first time fitting, it was a pretty good fit! Even in the door aperture!


With the extra panels in place, the inside looks quite tidy too I think.


Next panel to go in was a nightmare to fit . . . and it still doesn't fit!


Did I say the previous panel was a nightmare? Ha! Nothing compared to this section!

I'd love to hear if anybody else is doing a project as ambitious as this on a shoestring budget! If you're reading this and know anyone, put a link in the comments and get your project heard about!

No comments:

Post a Comment